The purpose of this scaling up online learning ideas board is to stimulate discussion and collaboration across the community to feed in to the development of solutions that ease the pain points in the scaling up of online learning within institutions.
We ran an open workshop in July where we gathered ideas to contribute to this area and we have also established a Working Group of individuals from the community who are supporting us in refining our understanding further. The ideas board will be populated with the ideas which have and are emerging from these consultations - but is not limited to these (see below).
Vote and comment on the ideas!
Have a look at the ideas, if you think an idea is worth pursuing, do vote and comment on it! And remember that you can also vote on the comments too. You are encouraged to use the comment space to offer your skills and expertise to the idea owners, and to join forces and collaborate on the solutions proposed.
Submit your ideas
Submit your ideas using the button near the top on the right-hand side of this page. Allocate your idea to the campaign (challenge area) based on the deliverable that your idea will produce. If you feel it falls within more than one campaign, allocate it to the one that it most strongly links to and then tag your idea with the name(s) of the other campaign it relates to. Please tag the idea with keywords describing the area or challenges that your idea addresses. The content of the idea must also have the following parameters:
1. Identify or model specific user or tech requirements, use cases or any tools involved
2. Provide a prototype or an idea with the potential to be developed further
3. Identify clear benefits
The campaigns (challenge areas) covered by this ideas board are:
- Tools/software: Ideas for tools or software that will help institutions scale up their online learning offer.
- Market intelligence: Ideas that will improve the market intelligence to help inform institutions with designing or planning their online learning offer
- Support/guidance: Ideas that will help guide or support institutions with scaling up their online learning offer.
Jisc will moderate the board and select those ideas that have potential to make a real difference to improving the uptake of online learning provision within UK higher education.
Ideascale is being used to support a Jisc project but is not affiliated with or funded by Jisc in any way.